Saturday, March 15, 2008

Two 30 day experiments

We have two 30 day experiments going on here. One I'm doing all on my own. The other my daughter and granddaughter are participating in.

1.For 30 days we will eat at home. NO eating out.
2. For 30 days I will drink 20 oz. of water a day. Don't laugh I know I had trouble with 8 oz.

Here's the plan for #1. We will cook our meals at a time we have optimium(sp) energy. We will cook enough for more than 1 meal, so we can reheat leftovers. We will make sure we have oats, cereal, eggs here for other meals. On a day we might not feel like cooking we will have the ingrediants for either a salad or sandwiches.

What do we hope to accomplish with this? 1. Eatting healthier food.
2. Saving money eating out is expensive. 3. Create a better eating habits.

Here's the plan for #2. Whenever I wake up I will put a 20 0z bottle of water beside me to sip on through out the day.

What do I hope to accomplish? 1. As everyone says water is good for my body. It will help hydrate me, I drink too many Dr.Peppers but this should help me cut back some. 2. I want to be able to say I did this! Anyone that knows me knows I am NOT a water drinker. 3. Trying to create the habit of drinking water each day.

I write this here so I can go back and remind myself of our experiement. But I also write it for accountablity, it's here for everyone to see. If you read this you're more than welcome to ask us Did you succeed at eating at home today? Did you succeed at getting 20 oz of water down?

Hopefully, others will be encouraged to start 30 day experiments no matter how small they may seem.

No comments: