Friday, February 22, 2008

#4 Confidence Builder

Confidence builder #4 is "Stop Comparing Self to Others." I'm learning that comparing myself to anyone else is a losing game. For the simple reason that comparing is often done in a negative mindset.

See when you compare anything be it people, homes, towns etc... one is often lacking something the other has.

But what I'm learning in reality is there is only one. There is only one me and I'm good enough. There is noone else EXACTLY like me.

There is only one house EXACTLY like mine. Only one town EXACTLY like mine. But for this entry I'm only talking about people.

We all have our similiarities but we're all different too. Comparing is competing. There's no competition. We all have our own looks, talents, desires, feelings, thoughts......

While there is always room to learn, grow and improve. We each do it in our own way and at our own pace.

I Am Unique. Want you join me in celebrating our uniqueness ?

2 comments:

Ginger said...

AWESOME...and something I have learned only through age! It is so easy to get bogged down in the "shoulds"...I should have a bigger house, should be more organized, should do this or that. KEEPS you from actually doing anything...it is discouraging! We are all different and thats fine! Some days we are on top of things...some days NOT...all of us are the same in that manner...LOL

Tricia said...

Thanks for the encourageent and praise. And thank you for this challenge I'm enjoying it.