Saturday, February 23, 2008

#5 Confidence Builder

Confidence builder #5 is 'become aware of negative self talk." I'll admit this is one I have to pay close attention to. Negative self talk
can creep in before I even realize it's there.

I'm not doing a good enough job getting organized. My post aren't interesting enough. What do I have to contribute? blah, blah, blah

I have to make a conscious effort to notice my self talk. Then I have to say to myself I hear you but sorry at this time I'm too busy to participate in this conversation. Or switch to positive self talk.

For example: Thought- I'm not organized enough. Switch thought to I do a little each day and I'm seeing progress along the way.

Becoming aware of negative self talk isn't a easy task. But it's well worth the effort to get the negative replaced with the positive.

At the moment, I'm having the thought this post just doesn't sound like I'm getting across what I'm trying to.

But I'm going to end this post with I know I've done the best I can and that's all anyone can do.

No comments: