Tuesday, February 12, 2008

My Change Challenge

Someone at http://magicalholidayhome.com/forum suggested looking at the site
http://cindysporch.com/pages/cashchristmas_jar.shtml for ways to help save money.
I really enjoy both these sites.

I'm taking the cash stash idea at Cindy's Porch and using it in a way to challenge mself to save. I'm going to use my change broken down in nickels, dimes, and quarters.

I will save at least one quarter a day toward Christmas.

I will save at least one dime a day toward a holiday coming up. At the moment I'm saving my dimes for Easter.

I will save at least one nickel a day for Halloween.

Each denomination of coins will have their own decorated(hopefully lol) container. Now this might not sound like much to some folks. Bt it is a attainable goal to me.

I will also be adding bills as I have them to the containers. I plan on putting the money in the containers and forgetting about it.

I'm also going to start a emergency fund. Don't know if I'll have $1000 in it by next February but I'll have something.

I have to start somewhere and baby steps usually work best for me.

4 comments:

Ginger said...

Hey i looked over Cindysporch before but missed the cash Christmas...love the idea...budgeting and getting out of debt is a big goal of mine for 2008...so I am setting up a Cash Christmas jar also...I like how you divided your coins for other holidays...good idea!!

Tricia said...

Thanks it makes it easier for me to work toward a goal a little at a time.

jackfrosty said...

That's a great idea! I don't know if we can do the emergency fund either.I kind of feel like if we have $1000.00 we should pay it on a bill and save ourselves the interest. Have to talk this over with DH.

Tricia said...

Well if you save $1000 imagine paying that toward a bill all at one time. Think that might feel great!