Thursday, February 21, 2008

Sincere Compliments

One of my February goals is to read my emails and ebooks that help me grow at least twice a week.

Alot of the things I read I already do or I've heard before and maybe didn't quite grasp the meaning the first time. Or this time they might be explained in a way I can better understand.

For instance, today I was reading something I'd read before but this time it was being explain in a different way.

The idea was to "MAKE PEOPLE FEEL GOOD ABOUT THEMSELVES AND FEEL GOOD ABOUT MYSELF IN THE PROCESS."

And the way to help others feel good about theirselves is to learn to give SINCERE compliments.

Now I very well know how to give a SINCERE compliment. As a matter of fact, I just gave some SINCERE compliments today. Could tell the people receiving them felt good and I also felt good giving the compliments.

But what I hadn't thought about was that this builds their confidence and mine too. All parties feel good from the transaction. I also realize to do this I have to take time to NOTICE others. Sometimes in my busy life's I don't pay attention. I just pay for the service I've received(groceries, gas, fast food etc...) get my stuff and leave. Or I pay the utility bills or take my library books back and leave.

Dale Carnegie was very good at the demonstrating the pleasure of making someone feel good about themselves.

Dale would turn a person's day around, and make them feel GREAT about themselves, by issuing a simple, sincere compliment.

He'd go away feeling great about himself; the receiver sure felt good about themself; they had a nice little conversation; and that was that.

I want to become better at giving SINCERE compliments to my family, friends and others I encounter through the day.

No comments: